PrEP prescribed online, delivered to your door. Welcome to Freddie.
Affirming clinicians who provide HIV prevention without awkward doctor visits, waiting rooms or hassle. 90%+ of Freddie patients pay $0 for PrEP.
Get PrEP in three easy steps.It takes 10+ steps to get PrEP through a doctor in person. With Freddie it is just 3 steps. Learn more here.
- Short questionnaire and phone call. Answer a few questions and book a free appointment with a Freddie clinician (30 minutes).
- Visit a lab. Get some basic tests so we can determine if PrEP is safe for you (it is for the vast majority of people!).
- Get your prescription. Your results are reviewed by your Freddie clinician. If PrEP is safe for you, your prescription will be delivered confidentially to your door!
What is PrEP?
Good question. PrEP is short for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis. Essentially, PrEP is a pill that you take once a day, everyday, that reduces your risk of acquiring HIV by up to 99%. PrEP is free for over 90% of Freddie patients.
The Freddie team will help you determine if PrEP is for you.
Frequently asked questions
- Why do I have to see a doctor before the Dermatologist for OHIP/UHIP-covered care? The Canadian Health Insurance Act requires that all Consultations with Specialist Physicians are first evaluated by a Referring Physician (e.g. Family Physician). In order to provide you with OHIP-covered care, we are obligated to work within this Health Insurance Act.
- How can I get my family doctor to refer me to be seen by a Dermatologist at DermCafé? Simply ask them to complete the quick, easy one-page Online Referral Form. If they have any questions, please feel free to direct them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I still see one of your doctors if I already have my own family doctor? We encourage you to get a referral from your family doctor. If you are unable to do so, you can see one of our doctors and it will not negatively affect your own family doctor in any way (e.g. no "negation"). Additionally, if you can provide us with their office fax number or secure email account, our doctors can send them a letter after each of your DermCafé visits.
- Is my information shared with DermCafé secure? 100% of your information is stored and accessed securely. The entire platform is PIPEDA and HIPAA compliant.
- Does virtual dermatology and/or teledermatology work? Yes, it does! Published medical literature suggests that the large majority (80- 90%) of community dermatologic concerns can be resolved through Video Visits with a Dermatologist.¹ Medical decisions reached via video visits are widely reported to directly parallel decisions made from in-person visits.² It has been well documented that teledermatology has the potential for reducing overall costs in a medical system.³
- Can my prescriptions be delivered? Yes! As always all DrugSmart locations offer Canada-wide free delivery of prescription medication and over-the-counter pharmacy essentials. When the doctor faxes your prescription to us, your DrugSmart pharmacist will connect with you to confirm your details and preferences.
- When should I expect to hear from DrugSmart after my dermatology appointment? During our open hours, we will contact you within an hour of receiving your prescription from the doctor.
This is a DrugSmart-certified service.
This service and its associated providers meet the standards set out in the DrugSmart Pharmacy Commitment to Care. All decisions and processes are guided by these five core principles:
- Transparent. Be open, be kind, be honest.
- Bright. Be positive, be creative, be innovative.
- Driven. Never be satisfied. Always strive to be better.
- Service above all else. Be a champion for your customers, your patients, and your colleagues.
- Pride. Be proud to #BeDrugSmart.
Should you ever have an experience with a DrugSmart team member or service that doesn't meet the above Commitment to Care standards, please let us know.
Call us toll-free
Send us an email