Constant headaches, pain, swelling and numbness?
As hectic and chaotic as our routine gets, so does our ignorance towards the tiny messages our body sends us. Not solely because of the demands of our schedule, also because we do not recognize the issue at hand and put it off until an absolute necessity.
Did you know that minute issues like migraines and headaches, pain and cramps in hand and feet, numbness of the arms and legs, morning dizziness, leg swelling, appearance of varicose veins and many such issues are caused due to circulation problems?
Let's dive in to understand it a little further, shall we?
One major cause for circulation problems is when the blood flow through the body is imbalanced due to improper blood circulation through the veins. Popularly known as venous disorders. We don't need to blame the rush of the day for this anymore. There is a better way to do this.
- Elevate your legs for 15 to 30 minutes every day.
- Get a massage. It will immediately activate your circulation.
- Give Scottish showers to your legs! Alternate water from hot to cold to help the vasoconstriction.
- Avoid tight clothing as it can affect blood flow.
- Drink a lot of water. Dehydration tends to make the blood thicker, which hinders its circulation.
- At night, use wedges to lift the lower edge of your bed by 5 to 10 cm.
- Limit or avoid the intake of alcohol and tobacco
Do you suffer from tired, aching legs at the end of your day? Do you sit or stand for extended periods of time or travel long distances frequently? These tips could help you get the care you need:
- Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids, especially water.
- Stretch and exercise your legs at least once every hour.
- Perform ankle movements regularly: be sure to move. Flexing, tensing, and rotating are all good ways to get blood circulating when your feet start to feel numb, tingly or painful.
- Elevate legs when possible.
- Avoid high-heeled footwear and restrictive clothing.
- Wear JOBST® Travel gradient compression hosiery.
- Seek medical advice if you have or are concerned about any risk factor.
Looking for preventive care before symptoms appear?
Invest in a pair of compression stockings to keep you feeling more comfortable and productive. The stockings are not restrictive to your age, gender, size, or work schedule. Wearing compression hosiery helps alleviate symptoms associated with chronic venous disorders and can prevent their progression.
Come visit DrugSmart Pharmacy or visit www.bedrugsmart.ca and choose the right fit for you.